Artist submissions for the Earthlock comic [CLOSED]
**CLOSED. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED. INFO GOES OUT TO YOU ALL THESE COMING DAYS.**
If you follow me on either Twitter or Facebook you’ve probably seen that I’ve mentioned Earthlock now and then. Simply put, it’s a fantastic adventure RPG I’m writing the story for, together with Snow Castle Games in Oslo. We ran a Kickstarter earlier this year and it was a great success. One of the rewards – since I write comics – was an Earthlock comic book. A one-shot, as we call them. Expanding on the universe and exploring the characters more. But we also wanted the comic book to stand on its own adventurous feet. And now the time has come to find an artist for the book.
We’re looking for you! An experienced artist, you can meet deadlines, collaborate well and also bring some of your own magic to it. We’re looking for a style that fits the atmosphere of the game – a bold and funny adventure with vibes of both Disney and Ghibli Studios. Fun, charming and fantastical are what we’re looking for.
– This is a paid, work-for-hire-gig with a decent budget.
– The comic book will be 32 pages, full-coloured greatness.
– Work begins as soon as possible.
– About 400 backers will receive this gem with their Kickstarter rewards.
– Send your 4 best sequential pages to me, with some info about yourself and what you have published. And your preferred page rate. Send this here with the headline Earthlock Comic.
– Do let me know if you colour or letter your own work.
– Decent English proficiency is a must.
– If there are too many e-mails, I might not be able to reply should you not be the one we’re looking for. So please take a couple of weeks of silence as a kind “thank you but it wasn’t you this time”.
– A lot of info on the game can be found at the website.
If you have any questions, you can comment to this post or send me an email, and I’ll be sure to reply as soon as I can.
Hope to see your artwork in my inbox!